Under “Bahr Bala Plastic” Project, implemented by the Lebanese Environment Forum and the Lebanese Eco Movement and funded of the European Union, Co-applicants areinvited to apply to the call for proposals for small projects that combat plastic pollution in the Mediterranean Sea.
In order to be eligible for a grant, the Co-applicant(s)must be registered in Lebanon.
They could be:
- Not-for-profit organisations legally established before 01/01/2018 and managing less than EUR 120,000 per year;
- For-profit organisationslegally established before 01/01/2018and with a turnover of less than EUR 120,000 per year;
- Universities with research capacities in environment related fields.
Municipalities,universities (public or private) and cooperatives are eligible only as co-applicants.
To mention, that the Lead Applicants must be registered in Lebanon in order to be eligible for a grant.
They could be:
- Not-for-profit organisations legally established before 30/06/2016 and managing less than EUR 120,000 per year;
- For-profit organisationslegally established between 30/06/2015 and 30/06/2018and with a turnover of less than EUR 120,000 per year;
Deadline for proposals submission is 18 OCTOBER 2019 at 16:00
The project “Bahr Bala Plastic” aims at reducing discharges of waste thrown in the sea, preventing additional harming to the environment and mitigating the economic damage to activities such as tourism and fisheries by raising awareness about the danger of plastics, developing legislation to reduce its use and by providing financial and technical support for projects, between € 1,000 and € 60,000, that contribute in preserving the biodiversity of Lebanese coastal zones, while indirectly enhancing sustainable income generating activities and tackling marine litter in Lebanon, with a special focus on single-use plastic products and micro plastics, potential threat to both the environment and human health.
العربية (Arabic) English Within the framework of the “Lebanese civil society combat…